Information for Prospective Students
Bronx Envision Academy welcomes all students interested in a challenging and supportive high school experience. Bronx Envision is a small high school with 370 students. BEA opened in September 2011. As members of the ninth graduating class, new students will join a thriving new school community, leading the way for generations of students to follow.
The faculty and staff are excited to meet you and to support you as you explore your interests, develop your talents, challenge your thinking, and succeed. Our goal is to prepare you, not only for acceptance to the college of your choice, but to be confident and successful throughout your life.
We are passionate about finding opportunities beyond the classroom so that you are able to take advantage of the resources the Bronx and New York City offer.
Key Features of BEA
- A small, supportive school environment with a challenging college preparatory curriculum, BEA offers Eight Advanced Placement Classes (English Literature, English Language, Biology, Computer Science Principles, Studio Art, Art History, Seminar & US History) and opportunities for College Now classes at Lehman College,
- College Bound Initiative: 9th-12th grade support with the college application process, including course advisement, college visits, and essay writing,
- Strong arts programs for all students (four year course sequences in art, dance, theater & music),
- Student organizations, including student government, Elite Productions DJ club, community service, mural club, Anime club, video game club, mentoring, comic book club, dance team, dance club, chorus, musical theater, art club, snowboarding, senior leadership council & fitness club,
- Athletics, including seven PSAL teams:
Girls volleyball, softball, badminton, and flag football,
Boys basketball, soccer, and baseball,
- Vibrant partnerships with community organizations: College Bound Initiative, Community Word Project, Institute for Student Achievement, Visual Thinking Strategies, Children’s Aid Society, Classic Stage Company, the Park Avenue Armory, Chill Foundation, PENCIL (business class for juniors), Lehman College, Monroe College, the Wildlife Conservation Society at the Bronx Zoo, Roads to Success (SYEP), Montefiore School Health Program,
- Celebrations of student work, including in-school and community exhibitions & performances,
- Hands-on, project-based learning with portfolio roundtables, research presentations, and senior capstone seminars,
- Strong supports for students include our advisory program with academic support and small group instruction, lunchtime and after school tutoring, and summer programs, and internship learning opportunities for upperclassmen,
- Strong communication with families & online access to grades and assignments.