In-Person Learning Begins Monday, March 22
TO PROVIDE MANDATORY CONSENT FOR COVID-19 TESTING, SET UP YOUR NYCSA ACCOUNT: NYCSA account
ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN PRINT AND SIGN A PAPER CONSENT FORM TO SEND WITH YOUR CHILD.
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CLASS IN-PERSON WITHOUT CONSENT FOR TESTING.
Schedule Information and In-Person & Remote Learning Options:
- Classes run 8:50-2:20 PM with in-person and remote after school programs and remote Saturday Academy.
- Students learning in person will report to the building at 8:30 Monday - Thursday. They will follow their Friday schedule remotely, working from home.
- Students learning in person will eat lunch in the classroom during advisory.
- Our schedules will remain the same for almost all students.
- Students will follow their regular class schedules.
We will fill any remaining gaps in student programs for in-person learning days and make minor adjustments that are necessary (for example, updating a class for a student who is remote but temporarily scheduled for an in-person class or vice versa.)
Students who attended in-person in the fall or signed up for in-person learning in November were programmed for in-person learning this spring.
Parents may opt to move a student from in-person learning to fully remote learning at any time. This will require a full schedule change. Complete this Learning Preference form to choose Fully Remote Learning.
We do not know if there will be an opportunity to opt in for in-person learning this spring. Please contact Parent Coordinator Alex Rodriguez with questions about In-Person and Remote Learning options.
- Students and staff must complete a health screening before entering the building. Students show the screening results to Ms. Gomez and Ms. McLaggon and take their temperature when they swipe in.
- COVID-19 Testing will take place weekly in the building with 20% of staff and students being tested. Learn more about the New York City Department of Education testing program here.
- Parents must complete the consent form for testing before your child reports to the building. The best way to do this is by creating a NYCSA account and linking your child to the account with consent. You may also print this paper consent form and send it with your child on Monday, March 22:
English language Consent Form
Spanish language Consent Form
For help with these forms, please contact Mr. Rodriguez or Ms. McLaggon
Alex Rodriguez, Parent Coordinator, 347-651-0450 (Bilingual Spanish)
Michelle McLaggon, Pupil Accounting and Main Office, 914-236-0694
- Masks are required for all students and staff.
- Classes continue to follow social distancing guidelines (6 feet distance) with smaller class sizes.
- Our cleaning protocols remain in place from the fall, and our custodial team provides ample hand sanitizer and other supplies for our school community.
PSAL Spring Sports!